It is challenging to know the cost of a roof replacement before choosing the quality of asphalt shingle, knowing the size of your roof, and the other likely working conditions. Prices have risen even compared to earlier this year, so let’s look at factors that affect shingle costs.
Although Forest City Roofing provides you with the cost per square foot of various shingle styles, these numbers are only part of the costs of your project. Many aspects need to be physically examined up close for a proper estimate.
Invite three or four of your top picks for a roofing contractor to your home to discuss your shingle options and the necessary work. Then compare roofing estimates and companies.
Read, How to Compare Roofing Estimates and, The Best Questions to Ask Before Getting Roof Estimates.
There’s a lot to assess when it comes to a roofing quote
Roofing quotes cannot be given over the phone. A professional roofing contractor will:
- Visit your home to assess the size and pitch of your roof.
- Provide you with information about the styles and quality of available shingles. Read, What Type of Asphalt Shingle is Best?
- Ascertain the health of your current roof; even its plywood decking, which, with a moisture-laden attic, will experience rot.
- Look at other aspects like venting, eavestroughs, and flashings that may need replacement.
Don’t leave your decision to get a new roof until the last minute
When it’s time, it’s time. Unfortunately, there’s no option not to replace your roof, especially if you’ve discovered leaks. However, the sooner you are aware that you may be in the market for a new roof, the better position you’ll be in when it comes to cost and signing a contract with the best roofers. Read, Why Do Roofing Prices Vary So Much?
When replacing your roof at the height of roofing season (fall), you are likely to:
Factors that will affect, or add to, your roof replacement cost:
- Architectural shingles require longer installation times and must be installed by certified roofers. Read, What Are Certified Roofers? / Should A Roofer Be Licensed? Beware of knock-off shingles. If it seems too good to be true, they are cheaply made knock-offs that will not last.
- Your current roof may require structural repairs.
- A steep roof pitch means shingles must be stored on the ground instead of keeping them on the roof itself. This means exercise for the team and more time spent on the project.
- Tight accessibility may make removal longer and product movement slower.
Factors that will affect your roof’s longevity:
- How well your roof is maintained has a significant effect on the longevity of your roof. Replace damaged shingles before water is allowed to seep behind them.
- Ensure your attic space is well ventilated. Moisture in an attic quickly affects the underside of your roof’s plywood decking, degrading your shingles. Read Roof Vents And Attic Insulation – How They Help
Call Forest City Roofing at (519) 659 6937 for a fair and detailed roof replacement estimate.
Asphalt shingles are a proven winner; they have visual interest and are an affordable roofing material. Forest City Roofing offers competitively priced financing in case you need it.